Nowhere to be found

Monday, May 5, 2008

One of the reasons why I would like to be debt free, other than the obvious one of not having to owe anyone money, is to be off the grid.  That is one of my retirement goals, and when I know I'll have enough money saved up.

I don't want a mortgage, I don't want a utility bill, I would rather not pay taxes, and I might not even have a mailbox.  Just give me my 2 acres in the foothills of the Smokies, my house, my family, a 6 foot brick wall surrounding my property, and I'll consider putting in a drawbridge so you can cross the shark filled moat.

Realistically though, when I retire, I do want to be off the grid as much as possible.  I want solar panels that generate income.  I want to move to Tennessee where they don't have a state income tax, only a 9% sales tax, and a state government that is now fiscally responsible enough to have multiple sales tax free weekends throughout the year because they have surpluses.  

Comment on what kind of lifestyle you are saving towards for your retirement.

0 comments: